- Create a gmail email for each cleaner. I made them CleanHouseCincy1@gmail.com, CleanHouseCincy2 etc…
- I installed each calendar on my phone and on my desktop computer so I could view them all at the same time.
- I installed them onto my employees smart phones.
- When I needed to add a cleaning onto a schedule, I simply created an appointment with details like Name, address, phone number. IN the notes section I added details like “3 hour budget, skip the basement” or whatever.
- On Google calendar you can also make the appointments recurring (so weekly, bi-weekly, etc).
- My employees could also use the calendar to see in advance of when a good day to schedule personal dr appointments would be. They could add a dr appointment onto the calendar and I’d see it on my end too.
- Then for time tracking, I had them download a time tracking app (there are many) that they used to clocking/out, and the app would email me the details each day.
- Other than maybe spending $5 to purchase the app, this is essential a free option.
When I got to the point of 6 cleaners, though, my screen looked like a multicolored nightmare that I couldn’t easily see where openings were. I knew I needed a “professional” field-service software solution, so looked at a few. I tried out 4 for their “free trial” period, and eventually landed on Service Fusion (affiliate link). I created a video within my Facebook group that goes over the features of both Google Calendar (free-ish) and using a professional platform like Service Fusion.
Some of the features that I LOVE LOVE LOVE about Service Fusion are:
- Clearly laid out grid for the schedule. Click HERE to see my dispatch page
- I can create a job with all the details and make it recurring. Click HERE to see what a job looks like.
- From there, I can make the job a recurring job. Click HERE to see the repeating options.
- Also, I have the ability to add reminders which is a HUGE WONDERFUL thing that reduces no-shows and all but eliminates late-cancellations. Click HERE to see what our reminder options are.
Visit the Facebook group to view the video and join a great group of like-minded cleaners and cleaning company owners.